Physical Therapist/Clinical Training Specialist
We are currently seeking successful and motivated Physical Therapist / Clinical Training Specialist candidates who will be responsible for providing training and education to current and future Ekso Bionics customers while facilitating use of our product in healthcare settings. This includes initial and ongoing training visits as needed at customer sites. S/he will ensure competent and safe operation of Ekso devices by all physical therapists at customer sites. The activities needed to support these objectives include, while not limited to: improving the quality, efficiency, and productivity of the physical therapy/clinical team, facilitating patient use of our products directly and through others, complying with Ekso Bionics quality management system, making presentations to current and future customers, supporting the design and development of future products, and the development and support of clinical training with Ekso Bionics customers. The successful candidate will be a licensed Physical Therapist with experience treating patients in a neurological rehabilitation setting and reports directly to and receives direction and delegation from the Clinical Director, as part of the clinical team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Travel to current and future customer locations to provide new or ongoing training for all Ekso Bionics mobility related devices across the United States
- Travel days expected to be approximately 75% of work days in a month
- Manage own travel schedule and logistics
- Comply with Ekso Bionics Clinical Competency and Training Outline to complete education and training
- Communicate timely and effectively with all members of Clinical Team and Engineering Teams
- Report status of training weeks
- Collect feedback from customers and circulate to Clinical and Engineering Teams
- Notify Clinical Director with concerns for site competency immediately
- Notify Engineering Team and Clinical Director with concerns for device function immediately
- Work with Ekso Bionics Clinical team members to carryout required training
- Maintain efficiency and quality of Clinical training provided to customers
- Travel to current and future customer locations to provide in-services and demonstrations
- Represent Ekso Bionics at conferences
- Research current articles related to gait, robotics and other areas important to Ekso Bionics
- Clinical development of all mobility related devices
- Research and Development in Company headquarters or remotely as scheduled with Clinical Director in support of engineering design and development or other clinical related activities
- Performs other duties as required
POSITION SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
Successful candidates meet the following skills, abilities and requirements:
- Must be a licensed physical therapist with at least four (4) years of experience treating in an inpatient and/or outpatient rehabilitation setting, with at least a two (2) year focus in spinal cord injury (SCI) rehabilitation or other neurological conditions.
- Must have thorough understanding of and demonstrated experience working with spinal cord injuries or other neurological conditions at all levels, risks and complications associated with diagnosis, and experience gait training in a population experiencing spinal cord injury or other neurological conditions.
- Have exceptional physical evaluation skills.
- Experience as a Clinical Instructor to physical therapy student(s) or other applicable healthcare instruction.
- Additional experience in neurological rehabilitation and teaching rehabilitation professionals preferred.
- Must speak and understand fluent English.
- Comfortable using tools to adjust devices (Similar to wheelchair adjustment skills).
- Provides excellent verbal and written communication to various team members in a timely manner. Requires effective communication to convey, develop and implement ideas to various customers and teams.
- SR Business & Financial Analyst
Full time position Posted June 15, 2015